Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Believe In Christ



This morning I was exploring around the website JesusChrist.lds.org which is a relatively new tool my church has developed to proclaim to the world what it is we believe about Jesus Christ. It's a great resource!

There is so much uncertainty in the world... now, more than ever I think it matters that I hold on tight to the one thing I KNOW I can be sure of: God lives. He is real. He is the creator of this world, this universe, and my spirit. He knows me on a very specific, personal, individual level and He cares about the choices I make. He has my best interest at heart. He wants me to be all I was created to be.

There is a great deal I do not know, but this I know for sure. God lives.

One of my very favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is Mosiah 4:9 which says:
"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. "

That's for sure. But it's totally ok that I do not comprehend it all, because HE does. When I am lost, I know that HE will help me find my way.

No comments: