Sunday, January 9, 2011

DAY 1 of 21 Days - Come and See


THE INVITATION - Come and See...

The first passage of the 21 Days closer to Christ book talks about invitations. So, throughout this past week I have read and reflected on passages of Christ inviting us to come unto him:

3 Nephi 9:14
Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

Ether 4:13
Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.


Luke 9:23
¶And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Doctrine and Covenants 38:22
Wherefore, hear my voice and follow me, and you shall be a free people, and ye shall have no laws but my laws when I come, for I am your lawgiver, and what can stay my hand?


My main focus for this week has been on Mark 1:16-18.

Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.


It is so easy to get caught up, to be more concerned with the things of this world than of the things which would bring me eternal life. It is so easy to say "just a minute, Lord, I'll be with you in a bit..." How can I be more like those fishermen who STRAIGHTWAY put down their nets and followed?

What things do I need to put down, like the fisherman's nets, in order to follow Christ?

These are things I will continue to pray over and ponder as I work my way through my 21 days(weeks) of drawing closer to Christ.

Photo credit: Jesus calls James and John while they are mending nets by O.A. Stemler Found at Biblical Art on the WWW HERE

No comments: